[Libs-Or] Apply now to lead the Oregon Talking Book and Braille Library

CORNELISEN Wendy * SLO Wendy.CORNELISEN at slo.oregon.gov
Mon Mar 25 11:12:53 PDT 2024

Dear Colleagues,

The Oregon Talking Book and Braille Library is searching for a full-time, permanent Library Supervisor to join the leadership team at the State Library of Oregon. Located in Salem, Oregon, this position will supervise daily operations and the seven employees of the Talking Book and Braille Library, reporting to the State Librarian.

The Talking Book Library serves a wonderful blend of all ages and interests with accessible books in audio and Braille and is a regional library of the National Library for the Print Disabled; a division of the Library of Congress (NLS).  Boasting an ever-growing audio and Braille collection of over 150,000 titles, Talking Books serves thousands of people in Oregon who experience print-disabilities.  We are looking for a dynamic, future focused, dedicated professional to help us improve our services to patrons.  In 2022, the Oregon Talking Book and Braille Library was designated as the Oregon Center for the Book; becoming the first ever accessible library to hold the honor. Talking Books strives to honor the NLS mission, That All May Read, by actively serving and promoting accessible library services for anyone experiencing disabilities that prevent them from interacting with standard print.

The preferred candidate for this position will hold a Master's degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited program and three years of related experience.  If you have a passion for accessible library services and a desire to make a difference in people's lives through library services, join our team of dedicated professionals at the Oregon Talking Book and Braille Library!

To apply for this exciting opportunity in Salem, Oregon, click here: https://oregon.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/SOR_External_Career_Site/job/Salem--OSL--State-Library/Talking-Book-and-Braille-Supervisor--Library-Services-Supervisor-2-_REQ-151875

The position closes on April 7th so apply today!

Thanks,

Wendy

Wendy Cornelisen (she, her, hers)
State Librarian
State Library of Oregon
wendy.cornelisen at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:wendy.cornelisen at slo.oregon.gov>
Office: 503-378-4367| Mobile 971-375-3992
www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>
[Title: State Library of Oregon]