[oblpct] Gambling counselor precertification

Oregon Board Licensed Professional Counselors & Therapists Information
Wed Sep 18 16:51:41 PDT 2013

The following information is provided as a courtesy of the Oregon Board of Licensed Professional Counselors and Therapists.  This is not an endorsement.

Gambling Counselor Pre-Certification I
This course is for behavioral health professionals interested in this fast-developing addictions specialty. Offering the latest evidence-based practice we will examine:
* Definitions of gambling and problem gambling
* Risk and protective factors
* Current trends and related policy issues
* Gambling and substance use disorders
* Family dynamics
* Oregon's treatment system
* Screening, diagnosis, and client assessment
* Working with complex cases
* Money issues
* Professional responsibility and ethics
This course fulfills 30 of the 60 gambling education requirements to become a Certified Gambling Addictions Counselor (CGAC) in Oregon.
A sequel to this course will be offered in spring of 2013 and will provide the remaining 30 hours needed to meet all of the educational requirements for the CGAC I credential.
Dates: Saturday, October 12 and Saturday, December 14, 2013
8 modules will be completed online between the two classroom sessions.
Time: 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Instructors: Rick Berman, M.A., LPC, CADC III, CGAC II; Mark Douglass, LPC, NCGC-II/BACC, CADC I; Tom Ten Eyck, M.A., CGAC II
Click here to learn more and register<https://graduate.lclark.edu/live/events/18442-gambling-counselor-pre-certification-i>

Center for Community Engagement

Lewis & Clark Graduate School of Education and Counseling

0615 SW Palatine Hill Road, MSC 85

Portland, OR 97219

Phone: 503.768.6040

Fax: 503-768-6045