Please FORWARD to your staff - Updates to Oregon Standard Drawings - July 2010

ODOT Info - A&E Consultants odot_ae_consultant_info at listsmart.osl.state.or.us
Thu Jul 22 08:11:45 PDT 2010

Please pass this message along to all designers, consultants, local
government employees, and those involved in public works projects in
Oregon.

Greetings,

The Oregon Standard Drawings on the web have been updated with the July
2010 revision.  These drawings are for all projects going to bid after
December 1, 2010.  For projects going to bid between now and November
30, 2010 you will still find them active on the web page.

We have included links to PDF files to download a full series of
drawings.  These files get quite large in size but should help those
that wish to print their own copies.

All of the 346 standard drawings are now available in both PDF and DGN
formats on the web at
http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/HWY/ENGSERVICES/standard_drawings_home.shtml

We are hoping that you will begin to use the electronic Standard
Drawings as your first reference for design and construction data.  Many
of the hard copies that are on book shelves have become out of date.  We
have included a subject index on line to help quickly locate the
drawings you need.

For those of you that have wished to remain on the list for hard copies
updates we are honoring your request and will send you the updates for
your use.  The hard copies are being printed and will be mailed soon.

If you have any questions, please contact me at 503-986-3738 or Dan
McMillen at 503-986-3752.

David Joe Polly, P.E., P.L.S., W.R.E.
Senior Standards Engineer 503/986-3738
Oregon Department of Transportation
Traffic - Roadway Section
Roadway Engineering Unit
Email in connection with the transaction of public business
is subject to the provisions of Oregon Public Records Law
and may be disclosed upon request.