[OMS_MANAGERS] Economic Restructuring Committee Project Ideas

Marya Nowakowski cityent2 at eoni.com
Wed Aug 3 16:41:50 PDT 2011

Jerrimi,

It might not be possible to move to creating and developing until all the
identifying, exploring, and determining have been accomplished. One
suggestion I have is a Business Retention and Expansion Survey. Donna Betts,
who lives in Cove is experienced with this survey process and could train a
team of volunteers to conduct a survey. These surveys are great to identify
what is working well for businesses and what needs improvement. I worked
with Donna on such a survey several years ago and you can tell her I sent
you.

Another idea is to do a Market Opportunity assessment, which can also be
accomplished with volunteers as well. This type of assessment can help you
identify market niches which are vacant and offer an opportunity for a new
business or an expansion of an existing business.   If you want more ideas
or suggestions, I can offer several. I am a board member of the non-profit
Wallowa County Business Facilitation, which offers free business coaching to
anyone in Wallowa County who wants to start or expand a business and I would
be happy to tell you more about this program.

Marya Nowakowski

City of Enterprise, Oregon

A Preserve America Community

541-426-4196