[OMS_MANAGERS] Time limit for Downtown Parking

Suzi Bicknell SuziBicknell at GoDowntownSalem.com
Mon Mar 7 09:33:20 PST 2011

Downtown Salem has had 2 hour limit for quite some time. Our parking studies
for the last four years indicate it is working efficiently. We also have two
free parking garages which are underutilized. We have some longer term 10
hour spots closer to the Courthouse and metered in a limited area. Our
average stay has been consistent in the last four years with just around 1
hour and 45 minutes. Businesses do not encourage their customers to use the
parking structures especially for the hair salons, the personal services
businesses seem to need extended stay.

Suzi Bicknell, Executive Director
Go Downtown Salem!
189 Liberty Street NE, Suite 200A
Salem OR 97301
     Tel: 503-480-1111
     Email:  <mailto:SuziBicknell at GoDowntownSalem.com>
SuziBicknell at GoDowntownSalem.com

  _____