[OMS_MANAGERS] Time limit for Downtown Parking

Oscar Hult oscar at albanydowntown.com
Mon Mar 7 10:04:51 PST 2011

Downtown Albany Has lots of different limits dependent upon what the business is that fronts the space.

 *
Most of the street parking that is directly in front of a business is 3 hour
(a few are 30 minute and a couple are 10 minute).
 *
We have all day customer employee permit spaces that are on street but not in front of a business
(i.e. around a surface lot or on the side of a building).
 *
We have (3) 4 hour customer lots.
 *
(1) all day customer only lot.
 *
(1) all day employee free lot.
 *
And (3) Resident/Employee lease lots.

Clearly worded and well placed signage is a must.

Business owners can apply to have the timing of the space directly in front of their business changed.

But it has to be one of the on street limits (i.e.. all day, 3 hour 30 minute or 10 minute).

Oscar B. Hult
Executive Director
Albany Downtown Association
Albany Main Street Program