[or-roots] elderly travelers on the Oregon Trail

W David Samuelsen dsam at sampubco.com
Fri Apr 5 22:48:32 PST 2002

Count my 4gg mother among the elder travelers.

Mary (Ramsey) Lemons Wood crossed on her favorite bay horse at age
of 67, in 1852. (Incidentially the Lemons Family is having annual
reunion, and it's 150th anniversary). She built up a fortune in
Hillsboro, including sizable real estate holdings.

She died Jan 1, 1906. Age 120. Was first Pioneer Queen, in 1905.
Photos and articles about her aplenty.

David Samuelsen