[or-roots] Thanks, Marsha

Marsha pmml at navicom.com
Thu Feb 21 17:43:44 PST 2002

I have Obit for Noah Jasper Leabo (?) as follows
Died At his home yaquina Or Wenesday morning
Leabo aged 69 years.

Mr. Leabo had been a resident of Lincoln county for manuy years and was an

aboard upright ciziten He leaves a wife and family of grown children. The

body was brought to Toledo this morning and Intermenrt will be made in Toledo

cemetery today.

Noah J Leabo

Noah J. Leabo who died at his home in Yaquina bay March 18 of grip was born in

Missouri Dec 25,1873 and ------ the plains with his parents in 1846 first

settleing of french prariei March 25, 1873 he was married to Miss Jossie

Snooks in Salem and moved to Yaquina Bay in 1875 where he resides to his death.

Mr Leaves a widow and three sons and two daughters. His sons are Issac and

Jasper of Montana and Benjamin B of St Johns Or. His dauters are Mrs Lizzie

Deffenbucker of Washington and Mrs Emma Letson of Eugene Or.

Mr. Leabo resided on this Bay for over 30 years He was postmaster at Yaquina

at the time of his death and Justice of the Pearce of that precinct and had

not an enemy in the world At an ealrly age he joined the Christian Church.

Lincoln Co. Leader , Lincoln Co. Ore Friday Mar 27, 1908 pl

Amanda Leabo and Noah J. Leabo

Divorce granted July 26, 1870

Bk 4 P426 #1888

# 166 1860 Census Polk Co. Eola Preand PO

Noah N. J. Leabo age 21 mo farmer amanda h m 16 pa William W. L. Or.

Death Index 1921-1930

Clackamas Death records for 1921-1930 #180

Doc #17

For Snooks info look on Leabo's Original land grant-neibors with Leabo

Noah also married Cyrilla Unknown, and Josephine Snook on March 25, 1873 in

Salem Oregon.

They had four children Unicasi S.A. (Lizzie) Leabo b. 1874, who married Levi

Deffenbacker.

Emma Hannah Leabo b. January 02, 1879 who married Charles Willard Letson.

Charles Willard