[or-roots] Charles Howard 1915 Lane County

Whizinc@attbi.com whizinc at attbi.com
Fri Oct 25 08:30:03 PDT 2002

 We are looking for  a Charles Howard possibly from Kentucky.  He married Rachel Brewer in Lane County Oregon in April 1915, but was long gone by the date of their divorce in August 1916. His son John Brewer Howard was born Feb 1916.  The family story is that he went back to Carrolton Kentucky and was an alcoholic.  But I have no proof of any thing except the marriage and divorce certificates, which are actually of little help since they have no middle initial, no parent names and say he's from Lane County.  I suspect he was just living there at the time.  I also wonder if he had another family some where else.
Do you know anything about any Charles Howards?  Do you have any ideas how I might search for him?
Thanks!
Ronda Howard