[or-roots] Lookup request - Government Camp

MMDSchwartz at cs.com MMDSchwartz at cs.com
Mon Aug 4 12:03:43 PDT 2003

Tara,

Thanks for your lookup offer.  I am interested in your book, Mt. Hood, a
Complete History.

My GG-grandparents crossed the Oregon Trail in 1850.  They were snowed in at
Government Camp, and rescuers dug them out and saved them.  I don't have info
handy, but I believe it was in September. Their names were William Sherman
Noble and Margaret (Sulzberger) Noble, plus children.  That's all I know about
the incident.

Is there anything in the book about wagon trains being stranded there?  What
is "Government Camp"?  Is there any reference to it?

I realize that with no index it could be difficult to locate any information.
 If you come across anything, I'd be interested.

Marilyn Schwartz
Bellingham, WA