[or-roots] Adoption Records

Verdena Veelle vveelle at molalla.net
Tue Aug 5 02:43:16 PDT 2003

The laws concerning adoption records in Oregon were recently changed.  Check out website
http://www.cnn.com/2000/LAW/05/31/oregon.adoption/ for more information.  I know
personally of one adoptee who has found her birth mother after these laws were changed.
The records just do not go as far back as the mid 1800's however.
Verdena Veelle