[or-roots] Dodge, Morian, George & Rosenblad

Pit8087004 at aol.com Pit8087004 at aol.com
Tue Aug 5 20:17:14 PDT 2003

Hi All,

Been on this digest awhile and finally got time to ask about my relatives.
First off is James R. Dodge from Oakland area who married Helen Mary Allen from
N.Y. area. Old family folklore said Mary was the first school teacher in the
Oakland area and James had something to do with the development of the Oakland
area. Second is Jacob Morian who came across the Atlantic and got married to
Lydia Van Scoter and moved to Oregon. Had a son Alexander who married Mariette
McIntyre and they had a son Alexander T. who married Harriet Dodge.(James and
Helen's daughter).  Son William Adlebert Morian married Alyda George who had
my mother Phyllis. This is the info I have from my mothers side. I have seen at
another site that James Dodge came from Mass. No other info is provided on
him. Can anyone help?
Third is Rosenblad from Bandon. I know my Grandparents were named Karl Albert
from Aaland, Finland and Mathilda Edwards from Oslo, Norway. Does anyone on
this list know of any off shore Gen sites I could possibly reference? I have
tried many searches - but have come up empty handed....

Thanks for you time,
Mark