[or-roots] You're sorry now

Eugene Barnes evbarnes at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 17 16:17:20 PST 2003

Hey, there was nothing like going out with your father to
get your on Christmas tree circa 1935.  The barn held an
old Model T. truck with its pack rat infested seats.  Always had a flat
somewhere along the way, and I was the go fer who weighed the lodge pole to
lift her off the
ground to get the wheel loose to repair the tube.

My mother used to take me with her and the old Savage
pump .22 and shoot the icecyles off  the river bank.

Gene
Costa Mesa, CA