[or-roots] Silas Brown, Lane County, about 1860

Margaret Bates batescom at comcast.net
Sat Oct 18 15:02:15 PDT 2003

Hi Anne,
    Yes, I am connected to the Brown and Richardson families.
    Here it comes and it is a little confusing:
    Silas Brown's parents were Benjamin Brown and Elizabeth Richardson.  Elizabeth Richardson was the daughter of Daniel Richardson & Nancy Townsend, who were my 4X great grandparents.  Elizabeth would be my 3X great aunt.  I am descended through Gideon Richardson.
    Are you researching the Richardsons and Browns?
    Your name rang a bell for me; I have an Ann Comer in my database.  She was born 30 Dec 1763 to Joseph Comer and Elizabeth Garretson Hussey.  Any relation?
    Margaret