[or-roots] Silas Brown, Lane County, about 1860

Jean Raabe raabebaby at pacinfo.com
Sun Oct 19 16:01:22 PDT 2003

Anne,

Just had to respond to your message to Maragret when I saw the surname Crabtree at the beginning of your list.  My maternal great-grandmother was Phoebe Malinda Crabtree, married to George Washington Arnold.  Phoebe's parents were George Crabtree and Fairlotta "Lottie" Edgar Smallomon Crabtree.  Her grandparents were Job B Crabtree ll and Malinda Smith Crabtree.  Her great-grandparents were Job Crabtree and Rebecca Smyth.  Beyond that I am not sure.  My husband and I, along with my mother, attended the Crabtree Reunion in the town of Crabtree this past summer.  It was there I began to put together my Crabtree line.  A lot of research has been done by many on the Crabtrees and I hope someday to get in on some of it.  The reunion was so much fun and a good start.  Lately I have been spending most of my research time on the Arnold side of the family but want to get going on the Crabtrees soon.  Would love to share information with you or anyone who is willing.

Jean Raabe