[or-roots] Randomn Leabos etc

Marsha Bradley-Luthy pmml at wvi.com
Thu Oct 23 14:32:56 PDT 2003

Boy I am Confused show you some info if this is your line

Att aching some pictures you migh like

here are copy of some of my research items- also have a small book on the
history of his three marriages
=======================================================================cMarr
iag

e certificate # 133 Oregon

City He was born in Tennessee in1823 came to Oregon in 1846 served withthe

volunteeers in the Cayuse War. His home was in Portland where he diedAug 25,

1898 Oregonian, Aug 25, 1898: Oregonian, Aug. 26, 1898.

An Emily Lee is given in the 1850 Cencus as thedaughter of Orlando age22,

born in New York.

Listed diary of Reverend G.H. Atkinson page 393

states He was born in Tennessee in 1823 came to Oregon 1846 served withthe

volenters in the Cayuse War. His home was in Portland where he died Aug25

1898 Oregonian Aug 26, 1889

Death of James R. Leabo

Pioneer of 1846 passed away at a good Samaritan Hospital James R. Leabo,a

pioneer of 1846, died or paralysis at Good Samaritan hospital at noon

yesterday after an illness of even weeks. During all his sickness he was

unconscious and to the last he was unable to recognize those of hisfamily
who

gathered about his bedside. He was 75 years and 7 days old

Mr Leabo was born in Tennessee August 18, 1823. He came to Oregon in1846 and

served with the volunteers in the Cayuse war. He lived in Yaquina bayfor a

year of two and settled in Clackamas county in 1851. He engaged infarming

there until 1883, when he moved to Portland. Since then he resided inthis

city almost continuously.

Mr. Leabo's wife and five children survive him. The Children are: S.B.Leabo,

of Astoria Mrs A. H. Clift of Kakama; Mrs RH Mast of Bandon RL Leabo andMrs.

M Wilson of Portland. The Funeral will take place tomorrow morning whereMr.

Leabo's late residence 690 Division Street East side. the pall bears willbe

members of the Indidan War Verterans and Oregon Pioneer Association ofwhich

origination deceased was a member.

doc #15 land claime #300

1870 U.S. CENSUS: Newton P.O., Benton Co., Oregon, 16 July 1870, page 71,

Dwelling 405, Family 388:

Leabo, Jas R. 47 M W farmer 500 175 Tenn --Charlotte35 F

W kpng hse Can --Josiah J. 18 M W farm hand

Oregon --Sterling 4 M W

Oregon --Elizabeth H. 2 F W

Oregon Grim, Peter H. 10 M W farm hand Utah Terr.

--Emily 11 F W at school Oregon--Mary E.

10 F W at school Oregon

NOTE: Grim was difficult to decipher; it may have been CRIM.

----------------------------------------------------------- Lebo James R

Cayuse war claim awarded 1 Jan 53 2:7

of Clack co, land patent ready

19 Jul 59, 1:3

Statesman Jornel

----------------------------------------------------------- Documentresearch

from State Archives

RG-s5

61A-20 No.

01098 Leabo, Charlotte

Biglow, S. et al vs Leabo, J.R. et al Supreme Court Case files, 1855-1904

Arranged Numerically by file numbers 00001-04419

Leabo, J.R.

Biglow S. et al vs Leabo, J.R. et al

Supreme Court

Case files 1855-1904. Arranged numerically fy file numbers 00001-04419

Index to Clackamas County Oregon Marriage Records 184?-1900 Leabo, Mr.James

to Miss Emely (Emily) A. Lee

16th day of Mar. 1851 by Rev. G. H. Atkinson

Rec. May 30, 1853; attest: f.S. Holland Recorder

Leabo James R. and Charlotte Crim

13th day Mar. 1861 by Wm. Armpriest , J.P.

Wit Sarah Armpriest, M.E. Armpriest