[or-roots] Photos

Chris Havnar jchavnar at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 1 19:20:46 PST 2004

Les C.,

  We got boxes of pictures of unlabeled or partially label pictures when my
mother-in-law passed.  There were TONS of pictures of Uncle JOHN, obviously
different Uncle John's.  Part of why I started genealogy was to figure out
who these folks were.  It depended on who's handwritting wrote Uncle John

I did make a date with my mother and made a special trip to see her, and we
were to label all her pictures during the week I stayed with her.  There
are several containers of pictures that do have an index card in front that
say something along the lines of "one of my trips, not family" /s/Mom-Gran

We did go through all her pictures, labeled most of them, those she did not
want to label, we took the picture  photocopied it and wrote the names on
the photocopy.  Additionally, for some of those lovely treasures that
mothers cannot bear to part with, but the remaining children just might
squabble over, she sorted into four piles for her four children.  Those
treasurers were photos, school stuff, treasures of that kind.

Chris

SNIP