[or-roots] Llewellyn family was 1990 tacoma warm body

Leslie Chapman khanjehgil at presys.com
Fri Feb 6 23:23:49 PST 2004

Thank you AGAIN Barbara, had no idea I had such a famous cousin and this one
is legit. One of the big disappointments of genealogy is all those famous
folk through the years we supposedly were related to prove to be either
unprovable or proven to be myth as far as being related to us is concerned.
I wish I knew why we lost touch with these folks, they are very interesting
just for thier history. Supposedly Guy K's grand dad Timothy and my Great
Grand Milan Melvin were involved in the founding of Tacoma according to
family legend, but I think they were in that neck of the woods too late to
be "founders" as I know they were all in Douglas Co. Oregon in 1880. Some of
the family did go to Washington before that date and spend some time as I
understand it, probably to log. My Wife's grandma ( my aunt) had a story
about Grampa fishing on the Skagit and after he caught a few fish he went to
add one to pail in the bow of the boat and it was empty, so he watched out
of the corner of his eye and an otter was stealing his fish. I don't know
exactly when this was, but it was supposed to be before he married Gramma in
1896. There were so many stories about him that no person has written down
or only very sketchy notes are available about, of course if I had all that
I would be twenty years just trying to put it into a publishable book.

Anyway I have passed that URL on to the rest of the family and am going to
contact those folks too and see if they would like some background on Guy K.

Thanks again.

Okay, I remembered to check the rest of my email before sending this and
found your note on ?? K in the 1900 census, but haveing problem finding him,
HQ took me to page 50 sheet A which ends in David Ree's daughter Hannah or
something like that, sheet b ends in Ernest Hartman(sp?)

I think the problem is I'm not in 3rd precinct, but that is where page 50
took me?

Also see the email from Sandra Carter and my reply to her.
Les