[or-roots] look-up disappointment

Leslie Chapman khanjehgil at presys.com
Sun Jan 4 00:02:08 PST 2004

Going to have to apologize list; I posted my willingness to do lookups
without actually reading the books, I had read parts of "Golden Was the
Past" years ago but just got my own copies of both of them. Here is what I
sent to the first two folks who asked for look-ups;

I guess I am going to have to apologize to the list, these books are mostly
history and if your ancestors werent in the first wave of settlement,
prominent in business or notorious you don't get mentioned, my family were
Johnny-come-latelys who didn't come until about 1903 so all we get is one
line where they mention a pioneer trail that crossed our ranch. The Bohemia
Mining District book has less family history/genealogy info even and too
boot it isn't indexed. I skimmed it slowing down where it looked like there
were people but other than mentioning some colorful folks and a few
important mining families it has very little to offer, unless you happen to
be in one of those families and then there is a little bonus in that often
there are pictures and most of them have identifying captions.

so if you have the surname; Lundburg, Jennings, Johnson or Bristow I might
have a treat for you.

Again my apologies if I gave the impression that these would be
comprehensive compendiums of the entire populace of southern Lane County for
that period, as with most histories they only mention the importan folks.

I guess I could paste that photo in here again with a pinkish hue huh Walt.
;-}

Les Chapman