[or-roots] CAUTION VIRUS ATTACK er WOOOLF

Leslie Chapman khanjehgil at presys.com
Fri Jan 9 08:51:32 PST 2004

Okay, I definitely cried wolf, Norton just responded that they had analyzed
the file and it was harmless. They did not however say what it was, it
sounds like some kind of bug in outlook because yes I have outlook.
Interesting though what Pat and Ray suggest about software stripping
graphics. It may be something of that nature and something associated with
the process is why my computer went hooey when I opened the gifs, as part of
my problem with my computer is an active X graphics problem.

Obviously I can be accused of over-reacting, but having all those weird
attachments that had a systematic appearance really set me off. I still
stand by my "don't open unknown attachments advice" though.

Sorry if this has upset anybody.

Les Chapman