[or-roots] Barnes in OR

Magbatt at aol.com Magbatt at aol.com
Fri Jan 16 19:52:04 PST 2004

Hi Marilyn,

Yes, George Washington Barnes was Elisha and Susannah's oldest child.  My
ggrandmother, Eva, was is younger sister.   There are some wonderful stories
about Elisha and George as they worked together and settled the area.  There are
also some tragic stories about the family.  One sibling, Mosey, is said to have
hanged himself in the family home (which is still standing and carefully
preserved) in Prineville.  George was an attorney and was shot to death on the
streets of Canyon City (I think - should check this) by an unhappy client.

Thanks so much for sending me the web site - I will check it out.  Are you
related to this family, or just kindly sending along the information?  Either
way, thank you very much!    Midge