[or-roots] Barnes in OR (was Sandy River smelt)

phillips funefarm at peoplepc.com
Sun Jan 18 14:47:56 PST 2004

Midge,

The town of Gresham Oregon has a road named Barnes.  Gresham is between
Troutdale and Sandy and yes, the Smelt still do run.  Some years are better
than others.  Anyway, the Gresham Historical Society may have some
information you could look into for the name.  Go to
http://community.gorge.net/ghs/  Hope this helps.  If you cant get anywhere
with this sight, the historical society is about a mile from my home so I
could try to look anything up for you.
Stacie