[or-roots] Peace on ya

Leslie Chapman khanjehgil at presys.com
Tue Jun 8 11:35:27 PDT 2004

Okay; all those in favor of this list being "strictly"

ge.ne.al.o.gy n[ME genealogie, fr. MR fr. LL genealogia, fr . Gk, fr. genea
race, family + -logia -logy; akin to Gk genos race] 1: an account of the
descent of a person, family, or group from older forms 2: regular descent of
a person, :PEDIGREE 3: the study of family pedigrees

and not have any extraneous matters intrude on the "pure genealogy"  had
better send list mom an email asking her to kick the rest of us that
actually like to enjoy a little give and take off this list and we can go
join Dan's list where apparently folks don't take themselves so seriously.

I am sorry if Marilyn McCallum was offended by Walts smart aleck reply,
myself I hadn't even made the connection between the two and if Walt was
indeed intending to be offensive rather than just feeling clever shame on
him. The fact is that others on the list provided her with what help could
be expected, as most of us who don't live in Portland would be somewhat
burdened to try and locate the guy remotely. Should at least exonerate the
list as a whole.

This is a problem as old as lists, and unfortunately as new as the newest
subscriber, somewhere in my files I have a "List History" which spells out
how these cycles work, in rather acid terms. In point of fact List Mom tends
to give us a lot of leeway in terms of what topics and the tenor of our
exchanges. I am sorry if some folks are offended by the width to which we
sometimes push that leeway and even sorrier that in their collective HIGH
DUDGEON some folks chose to unsubscribe rather than to reason with us.

Perhaps Walt was tactless, I am sure I can teach him a lot about tact
because I have lots of it that I have never used, but i don't feel being
overtly insulting is a particularly reasoned response.

If ya'll don't want to endure any more barrages of my verbiage you'll want
to lighten up. If you feel you just HAVE to be insulting to Walt or any of
the rest of us for what we do or say on the list maybe you need to learn how
to contact us OFF LIST where you are free to express yourself to your hearts
content without the rest of us taking sides.

Les Chapman khanjehgil at presys.com
---