[or-roots] Uncle William Patton's stomach ache

Cecil Houk cchouk at cox.net
Tue May 25 20:46:12 PDT 2004

More by Florence Courtney Melton:
       Uncle William Patton was a drinking man.  He carried a bottle with him all the time.  He ran out before they got to another town to stock up, one time.  They thought of Mother's bottle she always kept to use as medicine.  He got very sick and had Aunt Comfort ask for a little whisky for William.  He was taken with pain in his stomach.  Mother fixed a dose of some whisky about half whisky and half of the hottest colic medicine known.  He drank it down without stopping but when he could speak he said, "I was a damn fool to think I could fool Mary."  They never came to Mother again for whisky.

Mother/Mary is Mary Anne Ashbaugh Courtney; my great great grandmother.  Comfort Ashbaugh Patton was Mary's next older sister.

:-)
Cecil

Cecil Houk, ET1 USN Ret.
PO Box 530833
San Diego CA 92153
FAX 619-428-6434
mailto:cchouk at cox.net
ANDERSON - BLAKELY - FORD - HOUK - KIMSEY - MOE - RULAFORD - SIMPSON
Searchable GEDCOM: http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/~cchouk
My web page MENU: http://members.cox.net/~cchouk/