[or-roots] Cecil and the whiskey bottle

Dan M dj at valiant.wvi.com
Wed May 26 18:24:16 PDT 2004

No body is perfect. Every one has a profession. Jessie had his<>
   History is full of items of complaints about him, interesting thing about us genealogists, we deal in facts, to bad they are not always good <eh?>

   I wont call names because I dont have all the facts,
but I do know some authors left out some too, where I know my people were there, they were not wrote about altho I am finding items in the courts that prove some writings are ( light  ) in data ( say there were 7 people in a conversation ) the author only mentioned their 3 people and left out the others, but a newspaper article proved the author in this fact of ( all the facts) in several instances.  SO as in reading books, fine tuning the data can and does prove that there are parts of the book that dont add up to * facts* and parts that are mental fantasy.   Any one with the facts and lots of know how, * read SKOOKEM) about the Applegates . Or any other after the times book .
   I cant say any thing about Aunt Charlottes book, I did read it, and I did enjoy it, I would suggest any one who wants to enter a day dream in living color about the trail and those things it is a very addictive writing and has color just like being there.
    Walt - we have discussed the Applegate before, I know some where one of my relations married one, not close to me some where a Matney did, I also run the Applegate list and most of them are nice people.   If my people did something and some one else claimed credits, I would make a lot of noise too .
Dan M
Cherokee Links
http://www.wvi.com/~wb/Cherokee.html