[or-roots] hutchinson family

Leslie Chapman khanjehgil at presys.com
Thu Nov 18 10:33:46 PST 2004

Kelsey;

I am not sure what Jim you are referring to? I can only find three
references to Hutchinson in my sent folder; all with respect to my wife's
half brother's ancestors. He is descended from a Clara Hutchinson ma. to a
Fitzloff from Minnesota area.
She and Fitzloff both came from Germany so can't see a connection.

Roxy Ann and John B. b. 1801 Delaware, have three children in house 1860;
Wm. b. 1838 Illinois, John b. 1839 Missouri and Malissa (sp?) b. 1848
Missouri.

They are living in Phoenix which is a small town near Medford.

Series: M653  Roll: 1055  Page: 203
Surname  GivenName  Age  Sex  Race  Birthplace  State  County  Location
Year
 BOWEN  JNO B  	  59    M    W     DE          OR    JACKSON  EDEN PCT  1860

In 1870 John JR. is in Hillsboro as a day laborer listed as age 27, in the
Em Clemens household.

Wm is in Starrs Point, Benton Co. age 28 w/ wife Harriet b Illinois 1845,
dau Annie F b. 1866 Oregon and son Chas age 2. Also in house Elizabeth Coyle
66 fro kentucky and John Chase 33 of NY.

I guess Malissa must be married off by then. I do find a john B. Bowen still
in Phoenix in 1870, but lists birthplace as Virginai?? age 68 with wife
Catherine age 69 b Canada.

Don;t know if you had all that, if not I can send images. Other than that
couldn't find much. There are a Joshua and Peter ages 36 & 34 b Missourie
that might be kin, but no way to know.

Seems to be a lot online about her;

from our list;

> Roxy Ann Hutchinson, daughter of Elias and Jerusha ( ) Hutchinson, first
> married Henry Hughes, and then married John B. Bowen.
>
> Because of Roxy Ann's first marriage, she is included in "The Hughes
> Family:  from Virginia to Oregon" by Patty Barthell Myers, published in
San
> Antonio, texas by Burke Publishing Company, 1999.  Roxy Ann was John B.
> Bowen's second wife.  The children of John B. Bowen by both of his wives
> are included in this book, with additional information that was available.
>
> The book can be interlibrary loaned from the Jackson County Library, 413
W.
> Main Street, Medford, OR  97501 through your local library.  (I'm sure
it's
> available in other libraries, as well).  This is a substantial,
> well-researched, well-organized, well-written, and well-indexed book.  The
> Bowens occupy only a relatively few pages of the 321 page book.
>
> Note:  John Bowen was born 1801 in Delaware
>
> Anne Billeter
> billeter at entwood.com

HUTCHINSON-L Archives