[or-roots] hutchinson family

Anne Billeter billeter at entwood.com
Fri Nov 19 20:40:08 PST 2004

Hi Kelsey,

Here's information provided to me by Gary Murray (who credits Patty B.
Myers, who wrote the Hughes book)(including photos of Roxy Ann and her twin
Rhoda Ann):

Roxy Ann Hutchinson
	was daughter of Elias and Jerusha ( ) Hutchinson
	she was born in Canada West (Ontario) 8 Oct 1803
	she m. (1) Henry Hughes
	their children were:
		Elias B. Hughes
		Rhoda Ann Hughes
		daughter, name unknown
		Henry S. Hughes

	m (2) John B. Bowen in White Co, Indiana 30 Mar 1838 (as his 2nd wife)

	Roxy Ann's Bowen step-children were:
		Samuel Bowen
		Maryum Bowen
		Simon Bowen
		Aaron Bowen
		Henry Bowen

	Roxy Ann and John B. Bowen's children were:
		William Bowen
		John S. Bowen
		Martha Bowen
		Malissa Bowen

Roxy Ann's death date is not known, but it was before 11 March 1869, when
John B. Bowen married (3) Catherine (Holt) Bellinger, widow of Honicle
Bellinger.

	Roxy Ann was a twin.  Her twin's name was Rhoda Ann Hutchinson.

	Rhoda Ann Hutchinson married first James DUNLAP, who is buried at Logtown.
		She m. (2) W. Patrick Cassidy.
		She died at Eel Island, Humboldt Co, Calif
		She is buried in Ferndale Cemetery, Ferndale, Calif.

******************

I have much more information about Roxy Ann's children and step-children.
Depending on what you are after, you may find the Hughes book quite
informative:  "The Hughes
Family:  from Virginia to Oregon" by Patty Barthell Myers, published in
San Antonio, texas by Burke Publishing Company, 1999.  It is available
through interlibrary loan from the Jackson County Library, 205 S. Central
Avenue, Medford, OR  97501 (note this is a new address).  It may also be
available from other libraries.

Hope this helps,

Anne Billeter
billeter at entwood.com