[or-roots] More about Klamath Co History by Rachel Applegate

Leslie Chapman khanjehgil at presys.com
Sun Nov 21 17:14:23 PST 2004

Ali;

If you have access to Heritage quest through your local library you can
download any or all of the book for free, but if you are more hardcopy
oriented, you might try the Klamath co historical folks, they might know
where you can get it;

Here are the specs;

 Title:  History of Klamath County, Oregon : its resources and its people,
illustrated
  Authors:  Good, Rachel Applegate.
  City of Publication:  Klamath Falls, Or.
  Publisher:  unknown
  Date:  1941
  Page Count:  735

 Reel/Fiche Number:  Genealogy and local history ; LH12561).

http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/or/klamath/history/klahis.txt

will get you an online text list of the people in the book if you want to
search that before you buy.

Now we come to one of the reasons I enjoy this so much, looking for a place
to buy the book for you I find that I had been exposed to the fruits of that
history before, it is one of the sources listed in a web site for the
ancestors of the husband of wone of my wife's cousins. Ironically I have
gotten to know her and her family better online than my wife does, she
hasn't talked to the woman since they were children.

Wellllllllllllll you can buy it for $235 at;

http://www.abetitles1.com/Title/1301815/History+of+Klamath+County+Oregon+Its
+Resources+and+Its+People.html

but I would recommend shopping for a better price. Somebody on the list had
a real good source for used books which I don't remember.

Anyone?

Les C.