[or-roots] Posted without permission

DanM wb at valiant.wvi.com
Tue Nov 23 10:14:17 PST 2004

I planned to stay out of this.
   But I did want to say that Walt put this very well.
Walt - my cousin the lady we brought to your place some time back. She said this also , she is a writer, you wrote it better...!
   Folks - we like dreams
and sometimes I like to just day dream those times of the pioneers.

 I have read many nice books about what pioneers said and told their stories ,
and I sit on my nice big computer chair close my eyes and think about it then read some more..
out of all the publications, Aunt Charlotte is one that make the dreams come alive.. if all people were to hide this work, some one will loose those times to dream
    I checked her book out once and read it, only to wish some one in my family had some the same, or if they did, I wish I could find them--- My cousin and some other made some real real nice genealogy books with lots of hard searched facts and a few stories , they are a good source of facts , some errors but not a lot, but I want a book like Aunt Charlotte's with the stories ===
   Walt shared one story with me about my great grand father, yup the guy who was on the 1843 trail who sold his mule to Nesmith then wanted a duel when Nesmith did not pay , more of that story  in the books, but I would not have looked had Walt not shared this. When I came into this genealogy, I did not even know one thing about my people or my Great Great grand fathers name , I came in from not knowing because mom n dad got a divorce and mom would never talk about the family she knew a great deal about.
    Its all about History and History is worthless unless it is shared.
I thank those who do .
PS any one who wants to see the Nesmith memorial, I took pictures and shared them on my website www.wvi.com/~wb
  Lots of nice folks here, some day I would like to meet you.
Dan Matney l;-0))