[or-roots] Fishers of Lane County

croberts at mediageneral.com croberts at mediageneral.com
Fri Nov 26 11:24:35 PST 2004

Hi all,

I'm looking for information on the Fishers of Lane County (family on my
paternal mother's side), and was wondering if someone might have some
additional information.

My grandmother's name was Mary Emma Fisher (b. 1907 in Camp Creek, d.
1992 in Eugene), and had two brothers, Eugene and George (both born in
Camp Creek).

Her father, Jesse Fisher, was born near Pennington Gap, Virginia as
Jesse Herndon and had a brother named Carl.  He moved to Texas and got
into some trouble and changed his last name to Fisher, and made his way
to Oregon.

Once there, he married Bertha Hamel (sp?).  I think her family was from
the Portland area, but she was living near Cedar Flats when they met.

Any light anyone might be able to bring would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Chad Roberts
Richmond, VA