[or-roots] Fishers of Lane County

Leslie Chapman khanjehgil at presys.com
Fri Nov 26 22:46:43 PST 2004

Chad;

You don't say exaclty what you are looking for. Sorry to say that even
though I grew up in the same county as your Grandpa, I know nothing about
him nor do I have immediate access to anything real interesting.

you might want to check out; http://www.sunblade.com/genealogy/gen00094.htm

if this isn't you, it MIGHT be kin. Never mind, if you go to;
http://www.sunblade.com/ghtout/gp170.htm I think you will find evidence
these aren't your family.

Okay we now have one new fact, either he figured out how to run the clock
backwards, he lied to the Census taker or the Census taker fouled up big
time, he is 54 in 1910 and 52 in 1920. He and Bertha married about 1902
(some day when I am home I could look up their marriage license if I can
remeber)

Looking at 1920 Census for the rest of them we find Bertha A. 41. George 17,
Baxter 15, Mary 12, Laurence (sp?) 8 and Martha 6. (of the first four, all
but Mary seem to have Birthday sometime between Jan and April, as latter is
enumeration date for 1910 and in 1920 Bertha, George and Baxter are only
nine years older than they were in 1910.

How locked into this birth in Virgina are you, he lists bp as Kentucky in
both Cenuses.

There is a Herndon family in Lee County in 1870, but no Jesse.  I am not
having any luck tracing him to his parents, but I keep going to sleep at the
keyboard so may get back to you anotehr day with more info.

Would you like the Census images of the above, it involves a ratehr large
file so oif you have dial-up like I do it takes a while to download the
message.