[or-roots] Ooooh you devil you!

Leslie Chapman khanjehgil at presys.com
Tue Nov 30 20:33:56 PST 2004

Now there's a novel idea, I wish I'd thought of it. It would certainly be a
way to gain leverage over those folks who you share your info with the
"understanding" that certain later generations are NOT to be posted, only to
then discover the whole thing online shortly after. I had a problem like
that which upset one of my paranoid cuzzies, fortunately when I asked the
lady nicely to fix it, she did, but the paranoid had a similar experience
and THAT post is still on the net.

Me I refuse to be paranoid, I get inundated with all kinds of scams and scum
and so on, and after a few initial newbie mistakes when I first went online
I have pretty much ignored all of it. The biggest irritation to me is the
"phishermen" I am up to as many as a dozen or more emails every day telling
me to update my security something or other in my this or that credit card
or bank account. I am not stupid enough to fall for them, but what really
irks me is 95% of them are for accounts I don't even have. I tried
responding to one of them by filling in the blanks with "unkind" words but
since I didn't have an account it probably did no good.

We have been awful quiet lately, my other list that is usually very active
has been dead for over a year now, is genealogy going out of fashion?