[or-roots] Louisville, Oregon

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Tue Apr 12 20:13:15 PDT 2005

According to USGS there hasn't been a place called Louisville in Oregon, it
did turn up the one Glen mentioned however, I suspect that is the place you
are looking for, is this a Census location? Those are notorious for
phonectic misspellings.

Admittedly USGS doesn't have every place name either, but it is suprising
how many places it has in the database that no longer exist. I just checked
for the Middleton that used to be east of Reedsport and couldn't find it
either.

Les C

Does anyone know the location of an historical Louisville, Oregon? GNIS
states that it is currently in DOuglas County, but I am thinking there was
a Louisville in the French Prairie part of the Willamette Valley?  Any help
appreciated

Sue
<