[or-roots] Delia Fitzhugh

Sue Steward ssteward at ccountry.net
Thu Aug 4 23:04:56 PDT 2005

"Pioneer History of Coos and Curry Counties" by Orvil Dodge published 1898
and republished 1969.

"FITZHUH, Richard M. was born in Douglas Co., March 17, 1871 and came to
Curry Co., in 1873 and settled on Floras Creek, and then moved to Sixes
river.  He is a seal hunter and miner and owns a farm on Sixes.  His wife's
maiden name was Adalia Appleby, born July 4, 1879, and they have one son,
born May 17, 1897.''

"FITZHUGH, GEORGE was born in Jasper Co.,MO, Dec 7, 1844.  He arrived in
Oregon in 1850, and lived in Douglas Co., until 1872, when he came to Curry
Co., and settled on Floras Creek and in 1888 he moved to Sixes, two miles
above the bridge.  His wife's maiden name was Sarah Cox, born in Polk Co.,
OR, April 12, 1852.  They have nine children, Melvin, born Mar 17, 1871;
Francis, July 28, 1873; Chas., Sept 8, 1875; John, Aug 28, 1878; Robert,
April 30, 1881;  Mary, Nov. 2, 1884; Nancy, May 20, 1887; Phebe, Sept 25,
1800; Solomon, May 31, 1894."

Oregon Death Index, Sarah Buel Fithugh, d. 19 Apr 1920, Curry County,
Certificate #2.

California Death Index, Fitzhugh, Melvin Richard d. 10 Apr 1946, b. 17 Mar
1870, Oregon, Mother's maiden name: Cox
   "                                Fitzhugh, Melvin, d. 8 Feb 1984, b. 28
Aug 1919, Oregon, Mother's maiden name: Applebee
   *                               Fitzhugh,  Raymond Benjamin, b. 21 Jan
1914 Oregon, d. 2 May 1987

1930 Census, Chetco, Curry County, Oregon
Melvin Fitzhugh, Head, b. ca 1871, Oregon
Mary A. Fitzhugh, Wife, b. ca 1881
Raymond, son, b. ca 1914
Melvin, son, b. ca 1920

SSDI Raymond Fitzhugh, b. 21 Jan 1914, d. May 1987, last residence:
Crescent City, CA

There is information on Raymond Benjamin Fitzhugh on Ancestry.com submitted
by Kenneth Ruiz, Kennetr6 at IRnet1.com

Sue