[or-roots] Edith Dye

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Sun Aug 14 21:28:44 PDT 2005

Bob;

If you aren't in a giant hurry, I am really pining to get to Roseburg and do
some more research on my people and have a punch list of folks to look up
for others, I have added Sue's information about the delayed birth stuff to
my list of things to do over there. I don't know if the State archives can
help you with those as I am pretty sure the originals are still in Roseburg
as far as I know.

While I am at it, I extend the invitation to anyone who is interested in
having a lookup in the Douglas County courthouse to email me either on or
off list;

Les C	reedsportchapmans at verizon.net

with who they are looking for and what they are hoping to get. One
provision, if you are after probate record info, you might want to give some
thought to just how much "stuff" you want and how much you want to pay, if
someone's request only runs me a few sheets, I am not going to get excited
about being reimbursed, but if you want a "complete" probate record it might
run 5 to 15 dollars, also concering probate records, consider the fact that
some of the "stuff" may be documents once handled by your ancestors and
having a copy of some piece of "stuff" such as the receipt for posting the
legal notices in the paper might be of interest to you; ironically I have
yet to obtain probate records for any of my kin myself.

Once agian be advised it may be some time before I can make this trip, I
should be down to eight jobs soon and down to five or six in a few weeks,
but they will be keeping me busy for at least a month or two.