[or-roots] William Abbott and Iva "Ivy" O. Powell

Anne Comer comerslr at mindspring.com
Sun Aug 21 13:41:30 PDT 2005

Hello.  Is there anyone on the list that is familiar with this couple?
William Abbott and Iva (Powell) Abbott.

The 1900 census, Linn County, Scio gives the following information:

William Abbott, head, b. Oct 1861, 38,
Married 10 years,
b. Oregon, father b. Indiana, mother b. Iowa

Ivy O. Abbott, wife, b. Sept 1870, 29,
married 10 years, 0/0 children,
b. Oregon, father b. Missouri, mother b. Oregon

I already know that Iva's parents were Abraham T. Powell and Amanda Curl.
I would like to know who were William Abbott's parents and siblings.
Since William and Iva had no children of their own I am interested in
contacting descendants of their siblings.  Iva's father, Abraham T.
Powell was married 3 times and had children from both the first and
second marriages, so there is a good chance that there are living
descendants of some of those other children.  If anyone can help, please
contact me, either through the  list or personally at
<comerslr at mindspring.com>.

Abraham T. Powell, son of Rev. Joab Powell and Anna Beeler Powell
Born in Jackson County, Missouri, 1841

1st Married to Amanda Curl, 12 Apr. 1860
2. Callie P. Powell born ca. 1863
3. Orta Custer Powell born ca. 1865
4. Iva Ora Powell born ca. 1867
5. Arthur Ralph Powell born ca. 1870

2nd Married to Eveline Terry, aft. 1870
1. Alda Y. Powell born ca. 1874
2. Britta Z. Powell born ca. 1876
3. Ardee Terry Powell born ca. 1878
4. Lora X. Powell born 21 June 1880

3rd Married to Alice Booth, 12 Mar. 1902 in Yamhill County, OR
No children from this marriage
Died 13 Nov. 1932

Any help appreciated.  Thanks,   Anne

Descended from these Oregon/Washington Territory Pioneers and Early
Settlers:
- Dela Fletcher  and Phoebe (Flanary) CRABTREE,  arrived 1846, Linn
County
- James W. and Elizabeth (Empson) PEEK,  arrived 1847,  Lane County
- William Martin and Mary "Polly" (Dealy) PRINE,  arrived 1850,
Linn>Lake>Linn Counties
- Rev. Joab and Anna (Beeler) POWELL,  arrived 1852, Linn County
- William Moore and Sarah (Scott) RUTLEDGE, arrived 1852,
Thurston>Lewis>Baker>Linn Counties
- Thomas C. SMITH, arrived before 1860, Lane>Thurston>Benton Counties
- John Benjamin and Nancy Jane (Hamilton) HUDELSON, arrived 1876,
Polk>Linn Counties