[or-roots] Oregon birth records

Sue Steward ssteward at ccountry.net
Sat Dec 3 21:27:49 PST 2005

Some interesting tidbits of information included with the delayed birth
certificates.  I got one from the State Archives for my husband's great aunt
born in Coos County in 1879.  Her father played a brass instrument in the
Myrtle Point band.  One statement that they used to substantiate her birth
(her parents were both deceased already) stated that her father came to band
practice after the baby was born and told them about her birth.  Also had a
statement from my husband's grandfather (older brother of Aunt Netty) about
her birth.  Also included some school records, etc.

Sue Steward