[or-roots] Oregon birth records

CKlooster at aol.com CKlooster at aol.com
Sun Dec 4 13:12:03 PST 2005

"As to the death certs; after 1954 you have to be the person, or have  a legal
connection to that person that entitles you to the  information."

Les, I couldn't let this pass because it gave me my first chuckle of the
day...making me wonder how many dead people apply for their own death
certificates.....!

On the serious side, I know what you mean and it can be frustrating because
"direct relationship" and "need to know" are pretty subjective and they appear
 to depend on the opinion and good graces of whichever employee you happen to
 encounter.  Frankly, I've always felt that a citizen's right to privacy
ends with death (in more ways than one) and that if there are relatives who are
embarassed because Grandpa died of complications of alcoholism they need to
get  over it.  But that's just my opinion...

Carla