[or-roots] Benton County Cemetery Updates

Beth Perry Johnston bpjohnston at charter.net
Sun Feb 27 12:51:19 PST 2005

Lee,

Thank you very much for tracking that down. It's nagged at me

There probably are no additions I can make to your Benton Co. Pioneer Data
Base, but I can clarify and add to some of the information you have. A note
in your data base wonders if perhaps J O GERKING Spouse: Mary BUOY is the
same as James. In fact, he is James' nephew, Jonathan Otis (called Otis)
Gerking. I've not yet figured out who the Mary C. Gerking, d. 16 Jun 1927
in Portland is, but she is not the wife of either James or Otis. Neither
James nor Otis had children in Benton Co.

If it's all right, I'll create a small GEDCOM file to email you privately
with additional details for the two.

Beth

At 11:24 AM 2/27/2005, Lee Gentemann wrote:
>Thanks for the note about the spelling of Gerking.  There isn't any plan
>for cemetery updates - they just happen when some generous volunteer
>agrees to do it.  There aren't very many volunteers for a group this big.
>
>It is apparently a typo somewhere along the line.  Our cemetery books have
>it as GERLING and whoever did the typing for our web pages, carried on the
>error.
>
>I phoned a lady that has a map of the cemetery and she verified that is
>GERKING.
>
>I'll make the correction on the USGenWeb page and pass the info along for
>changing the Benton Pioneer database also, but before I do, are there any
>other family members that should connect to James GERKING, that should
>appear in the database?
>
>Database reference for him is at:
><http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=benton&id=I08922>http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=benton&id=I08922
>
>Lee