[or-roots] The MCLANE Line

dgoodma02 at comcast.net dgoodma02 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 18 14:19:20 PST 2005

With a lot of help from my friends (thanks guys n gals) I think I have the Mclane line. After working back to my records and using the info ya'll gave me I came up with a supprise result!  My Line of McLanes originated in Scotland ( Bute and Argyle) and moved into KENTUCKY!  Nope not Pennsylvania ans I thought. Here is the Line as I have it now. Any comments?
John Mclean b.abt 1662 in Jura, Argyll, Sctlnd
Hugh Mclean b. abt 1700 Rothesay, Bute Sctlnd.
 Lachlane Mclean b. 1725 Rothesay ,Bute, Sclnd
John Mclean b. 1743 Rothesay, Bute, Sctlnd Came to USA between1743 and1765 via Kentucky.
Duncan Mclain b. bef. 1765  in Kentucky
Isaac  McClain b. abt 1770 in  Nelson, Kentucky
Samuel Mclane (McClain) b. abt 1800, Marion Co. Kentucky
Samuel Mark McLane b. abt 1832 in Kentucky
Cora Belle McLane b.June 6, 1878 near Lyons Oregon My GrandMother.--She married Prince William Goodman in Lyons Oregon--One of her sons (My Dad )was Duane C. Goodman b.1897 in Lyons Oregon.
Any questions or comments?  Boy are there lots of ways to spell McLane!!

-
Bob Goodman
USAF Retired
University Place, Washington