[or-roots] Government Ration Stamps 1940s

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Sun Jan 30 21:52:04 PST 2005

Trisha;

Last question first, according to;
http://www.quanonline.com/military/military_reference/american/war_ration.ht
ml

every member of the family recieved a "ration book"

http://www.prewarbuick.com/id389.htm	has some more discussion of why
rationing existed.

I can't find anything online in any detail about the issuing process, they
talk about "proving to the rationing board" that you needed "whatever" and
restrictions, such as you had to swear you only owned 5 tires to get some
ration coupons and that sort of thing. As near as I understand it, everybody
had to have ration coupons, if you didn't a lot of "basics" were denied to
you, or severely limited.

Any of you that were there might be able to explain this easier than a
"boomer" like me.