[or-roots] Re:Lawsuit Against Morphcorp for Fake Family Hist...

Gary Murray gmurray1 at cox.net
Mon Nov 28 15:32:05 PST 2005

LINDA:  i remember that woman's name very well.  when i first started gene. many, many years ago i was told by someone supposedly in the know that it was dumb of me to do this.  all i had to do was contact the lds family history library and they would send it all to me.  found out in quick order that just wasn't true.  remember this was 35 - 40 years ago.  i also just assumed that there were so few people in oregon that i would instantly find anyone i was looking for.  i do remember believing that one.  made sense to me.  i have been caught in two family gene. that had all the sources and proofs listed at the end.  one was for peter browne of the mayflower and it seems to me the other was reynolds, but just don't remember.  the browne one was very impressive.  supposedly done by a woman i copied it word for word.  then on my first trip to england i found out none of the sources existed.  i fought the idea of destroying all that data for quite a number of years.  the sources looked so good.  that was my first trip into royalty.  it was very interesting but very confusing also.  i have since found a royal entry in another line and i spent about 5-7 years following that.  i also found there was a rootsweb board about royalty and became involved with that.  if any of you think there is a lot of dissention on the board you should go to the royal board.  they seem to call each other just about every name in the book.  the most foul=mouthed bunch i have ever run across.  hopefully the list owner eventually stepped in and put a stop to it.  the royal lines are very, very confuaing since the women were hopfully all chaste but the men had 10-15 concubines.  i come down from one english line where the head of it was a prince and very royal but he m. adivorced lady and had to give up his hope for the throne.  i am not now or ever was interested in the bunch of throwbacks they have over there now, that pass as royals.  i read anything and everything i could find on the royal families from victoria back and i mean back.  i had a ton of books on those people but donated all of them to the forum when i moved here.  no one on that royal board could agree on anything.  i bought many, many written pedigrees over the years.  i bought one that is 4' x 6' and was put out by the mormom church in 1939.  [good year since its the year of my birth]  the lds were only interested in showing how the leaders of their church were descended from royal lines but the chart goes back to adam and eve and was fun.  somewhere around here i have the chart for all that and although i don't believe a word of it, it was great fun.  i still have the chart on the wall showing how my bonney clan goes back to the mayflower.  while i have been invited to join the mayflower soc. and the soc. for the crown of charlemagne, i never have.  the only thing i joined ever was SDOP and after a year my belonging to this soc. gave out, i would still like to rejoin but can't figure out how.  ANYBODY??????
MY BEST ROYAL DESC. IS from edward the III, king of england and i desscend from one of his daughters.  i bought a dvd on edw. II who had all kinds of problems and it is a piece of garbage.  i think someone wrote a play about him that made no sense.  it was bloody and horrible and was like nothing i had ever read, except for the way he was murdered.  so if you are a direct on any bonneys, the line goes back to the immigrant, thomas bonney and then thru his wife to just about every royal house in europe.  HAPPY TRAILS.
gary in az.
i had an uncle that liked to tell everyone outside and inside the family that we traced our lines back to the horse thieves and bank robbers and then stopped.