[or-roots] Re:Lawsuit Against Morphcorp for Fake Family Hist...

LinLouVan at aol.com LinLouVan at aol.com
Mon Nov 28 16:20:50 PST 2005

Early on in my genealogy days, I bought two family books from Beatrice
Bailey. When you buy one for each of your lines, you soon see that not a lot of
thought was put into them.

However, all was not lost. On my own Umpleby family, I sent letters to the
first 20 in North Dakota. I think I got two or three responses, but one was a
real cousin. They subsequently came to Oregon to compare genealogy with mine.
He  sent me a box of photos from his side of the family when I first got my
scanner.  That one contact was worth the price of both the books.

I also ordered a couple of the FAKE Coat of Arms for my father-in-law for a
Christmas gift one year. He didn't know the difference. He wasn't interested
in  genealogy and didn't understand why I wanted to know all that stuff anyway.
I  also don't regret that purchase. It is now hanging on my genealogy wall
and is  well marked as a fake.

So, as long as one buys "with eyes wide open", they are not all bad. But,
their claims are
truly exaggerated.

Linda VanOrden
Junction City, OR