[or-roots] Running Water

Milosgarden at aol.com Milosgarden at aol.com
Sun Oct 2 01:16:40 PDT 2005

I can relate to that, we had running water in a ditch that was diverted from
a creek, come wash day for clothes which was Monday, before school I would be
sure the boiler on the wood stove was full as well as rinse water in the tubs
on the back porch, and that was the days of using bluing in the rinse water.

Electricity came long after my leaving the area to go to work for my own
living, but that was home, and it was my grandparents place as well, they raised
me from a 4 month old to the time I was 16, I then went to work for my own
living.

Milo Schmeltzer
Oregon City