[or-roots] Running Water

Cecil Houk cchouk at cox.net
Sat Oct 1 20:52:38 PDT 2005

Running water?  Yes we had running water; either Doug or I would RUN down the hill to the spring, and RUN back with a bucket of water.

When we moved into the Shea house in 1943 there was a well under the east end of the front porch, but there was no water in it.  The pump was still there, but it produced no water.

Down the hill, behind the house (between the 1st and 2nd level of the property), was a spring.  The water tasted great, but came up to the house about 2 gallons at a time.  When we got electricity, a pump was installed, but the pipe sent us with the pump didn't quite reach the house.

So we still had RUNNING water.

Cecil

Cecil Houk, ET1 USN Ret.
PO Box 530833
San Diego CA 92153
FAX 619-428-6434
mailto:cchouk at cox.net
ANDERSON - BLAKELY - FORD - HOUK - KIMSEY - MOE - RULAFORD - SIMPSON
Searchable GEDCOM: http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/~cchouk
My web page MENU: http://members.cox.net/~cchouk/