[or-roots] Tracking Thomas Clark

Suz_ES Suz_ES at verizon.net
Sat Oct 8 17:21:00 PDT 2005

I've been doing to more research on Thomas Benton Clark to see how/why he
came out west when the rest of his family did not.  This is what I know:
1870 census for Grant, Washington, Nebraska as 16 yr old son of Amos and
Elizabeth Clark,
1876 marries Matilda Forrest in Dayton, Yamhill, Oregon.
1880 census for Dayton, Yamhill, Oregon with Matilda and 1 son, living next
door to John Lambert family which were the guardians of Matilda.

So, I have from 1870 thru 1876 that I am trying to trace him.  Does anyone
know if there were indian wars or gold rushes or anything like that that
would have attracted him to Oregon?  or to the Willamette valley?

Suzanne in Newberg
suz_es at verizon.net
Clark/Sims/Henry/Lambert/Forrest (Yamhill Cty)
Averill/Robison/Orr/Kingery (Benton, Coos, Linn Cty)