[or-roots] Indian Wars

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Sun Oct 16 11:30:51 PDT 2005

Feeling expnasive I decided to take a shot at it and discovered it isn't as
painful as I had thought, the privates who make up the majority of the list
are in alphabetic order, so the hard part is scanning the officers for a
name as names and ranks and dates are sort of a scramble for scanning
rapidly,

so far best I can come up with is Calvin Parris in company N mustered 26
October 1855 discharged 21 November 1855, no location given, best bet for
that would be looking up Orise F. Root the Captain to see where he lived.

Also I not on closer inspection there are a total of 14 companies whose
roster was lost before this list was compiled

As I said before if folks have  probable location it will help focus the
search, but I am more willing on second look to try for folks.

Les C

Subject: Re: [or-roots] Indian Wars

By any chance,would you be willing to check the list
for any "Parrott/Parrett's"? I have an ancescestor who
seemed to have vanished in Oregon between 1843 and
1850's. Thought he might have been involved.