[or-roots] Indian Wars

Aileen Itzen hai at callatg.com
Sun Oct 16 12:04:23 PDT 2005

My great -great grandfather is buried in the Summerville cemetery (just out
of LaGrande) and his gravestone reads:  Captain James F. Williams, Co. N,
Second Washington Volunteers, Indian Wars.

Is there a remote possibility he could be in your volume of information?  I
know he was born in Kentucky about 1827, came to Oregon around 1845.  Then
everything is a gap until he turns up with family around 1895 in Forest
Grove.  He died in 1918 in Imbler.  Any information you might have would be
most appreciated.  Thank you.  Aileen