[or-roots] Indian Wars - Brewer

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Mon Oct 17 09:54:40 PDT 2005

Brewer is an immediate hit, I suspect I should ask folks to be more specific
about names unless they're fishing for unknown given names;

Illustrated history of Lane County, Oregon
Portland, Or.: A.G. Walling, 1884, 560 pgs.

pages 286 - 7
Company A Mustered October 23, 1855 discharged Feb 6, 1856 Captain Joseph
Bailey;
	Privates; J.M. Brewer

pages 291 - 2
Company C (Second recruiting battalion) Mustered in March 29 at Eugene City;
discharged July 3, 1856 Captain D.W. Keith;
	Privates;	J.M. Brower  this might be a stretch but I suspect it is same guy
as much of the outfit is same as A 			Company.
page 293
Company D. Mustered October 12, 1855; discharged November 9, 1855: Captain
R. L. Williams;
	Corporals' R. C. Brewer

once again helping others and I score for myself in this same company is my
Ggrandfather M. M. Melvin, I had been led to this material searhcing for
Fitzhughs who are cousin Phoebe's ancestors.

Les C

Subject: Re: [or-roots] Indian Wars

Hi Les,
If you see any Brewers, please let me know.
Thanks!
Ronda