[or-roots] Indian Wars

Denise Merritt merritthome1 at cableone.net
Mon Oct 17 10:47:49 PDT 2005

I looked on Heritage Quest and couldn't find the "list" you mention. <Grin>
I was going to look for my Gage, Gilliam, Kent and other family names but I
don't know how to "search" on the Heritage Quest pages.  I did find the book
you mentioned.  I believe Thomas S. Gage was killed in the Rogue River
Indian Wars on Grave Creek with Captain Joseph Bailey (d. 21 Jan 1856 at
about 17 years of age).

I have a John Fitzhugh Culver in my database from Douglas County - I wonder
if he was a Fitzhugh descendant (don't know his parents names but he married
my relative-Lucy Atterbury).

Denise Merritt